The Eclectic Reader Challenge 2015
In it’s fourth year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2015. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2015
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- Select, read and review a book from each category listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2015 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
Bookmark the Eclectic Reader Challenge Page for future reference
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
- A novel published before you were born
- Contemporary romance
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
- Science Fiction set in space
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure
If you need some ideas for what to read in the above categories browse:
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post. If you tweet use the tag #eclecticreader or @bookdout
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your review link
Please take the time to visit a few links and leave a comment after adding yours!
All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2015 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2016.
Click here to enter your link when you have completed the challenge …
Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions, I hope you will play along!
Here is what I’ll be reading:
- Retellings: A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S: (SPAIN) The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman by Mamen Sanchez
- PI Crime: Hush Hush by Laura Lippman
- A novel published before you were born:
- Contemporary romance: Set in Stone by Ros Baxter
- Fiction for foodies: Season of Salt and Honey by Hannah Tunnicliffe
- Microhistory: Part of Our Lives by Wayne A Wiegand
- Science Fiction set in space: The Martian by Andy Weir
- Sports: The Callahan Split by Lisa Heidke
- Featuring diversity: Harm’s Reach by Alex Barclay
- Epistolary Fiction: What She Left by T.R. Richmond
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure: Shadow Study by Maria V Snyder