I’m excited that more than 50 readers have signed up for the Eclectic Reader Challenge so far this year, and several already have already gotten started and shared reviews. The challenge asks participants to read 12 books over the year, each from a variety of different categories. These are:
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
- A novel published before you were born
- Contemporary romance
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
- Science Fiction set in space
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure
I encourage participants who aren’t sure what to select for each category to look for recommendations from other book bloggers who they read and follow, or browse lists such as Goodreads Listopia , Library Booklists, or whatever source is favoured, however I thought I might offer a few gleaned from my own browsing.
In Eclectic Reader 2015 Recommendations Part 1 I offered selections for the categories of Retellings; A book set in a country starting with the letter S; and PI Crime. In Eclectic Reader 2015 Recommendations Part 2 I covered: A novel published before you were born, Contemporary romance and Fiction for foodies and in Eclectic Reader 2015 Recommendations Part 3 I suggested titles for Microhistory, Science Fiction set in space and Sports.
That leaves the last three categories:
Click the cover for more information about each title.
Middle Grade or YA Adventure
You can join the challenge at any time up until December 1st 2015. For more details CLICK HERE.