In it’s fifth year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2016. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2016
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post into the sign up linky found on the Challenge Page HERE
- Select, read and review a book from each category listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2016 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- A book about books (fiction or nonfiction)
- Serial killer thriller
- Paranormal romance
- A novel set on an island
- Investigative journalism (non fiction)
- Disaster fiction
- Steampunk sci fi
- Any book shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize
- Psychology (non fiction)
- Immigrant Experience fiction
- YA historical fiction
- A debut author in 2016