In it’s third year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader 2014 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2014. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2014
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below
Click here to enter your link to sign up for the challenge
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2014 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Award Winning
- True Crime (Non Fiction)
- Romantic Comedy
- Alternate History Fiction
- Graphic Novel
- Cosy Mystery Fiction
- Gothic Fiction
- War/Military Fiction
- Medical Thriller Fiction
- Travel (Non Fiction)
- Published in 2014
If you need some ideas for what to read in the above categories I suggest you search Listopia at Goodreads for example click here for a list that includes Alternate History titles
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post. If you tweet use the tag #eclecticreader or @bookdout
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your review and view this Linky Tools list…
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
Please take the time to visit a few links and leave a comment after adding yours!
All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2014 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2015.
Click here to enter your link when you have completed the challenge!
Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions, I hope you will play along!
13 thoughts on “Sign Up for The Eclectic Reader Challenge 2014”
Sounds like fun. Count me in!
OK, I’m in again. The categories for ’14 look pretty challenging 🙂
I am not sure if I am doing any reading challenges in 2014, but if I do this will be one of them. It looks like a lot of fun and if I have signed up before I never completed it..
I am signed up!!
I have just signed up and looking forward to the challenge.
I’ve never tried a year long challenge… but this sounds do-able!
I’ll think about it when I get to the end of Nov and my own personal challenge…
Yay! So excited to do this again.
Interesting categories. This looks like a fun challenge.
Thank you for hosting again this year!
The review link is not working…or is it just me?? Thanks!
Not just you Joanne – the link keeps disappearing – no idea why – should be able to click it now
Hi, I’m finished! Here is my wrap-up post.
Hi, I added my wrapup link to the linky yesterday
LikeLiked by 1 person