Every year Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner posts a series of questions that encourages you to reflect on the past year. Even though 2012 is not quite over I decided to take part
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Johan Jonasson; Bitter Greens by Kate Forysth, Silent Valley by Malla Nunn, Shattered Sky by Helene Young… more 5 star reads listed here
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Death By Beauty by Gabrielle Lord
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth – I’m not really a fan of historical fiction yet I loved this and it is one of my favourite reads for this year
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Helene Young, Karly Lane, Margareta Osborn, YA Erskine, Honey Brown, and more!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
In Falling Snow by Mary Rose MacColl – another historical fiction novel I was wary of but ended up loving
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
I don’t reread
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Trapped by Kevin Hearne – because Atticus is hot!
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Lachlan from The Boy Under the Table by Nicole Trope
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Beneath the Darkening Sky by Majok Tulba
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
“…when you think a guy is some knight in shining armour, he ends up being a moron in tinfoil.” (p84) Morgan’s Law by Karly Lane
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
After the Darkness by Honey Brown
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
The friendship between Charlie and his mates in The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
The Convent by Maureen McCarthy
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman (recommended by The Circle)
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Hmm I don’t think I have added very many new blog’s to my RSS this year – I think Giraffe Days is the last one I added
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
I don’t think I have one, I am never happy with what I write.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
On being a Fast Reader and the subsequent posts
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
On Being A Slow Reader at Ficticious because that is what sparked my blog about being a fast reader
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I am proudest of the first author event I organised at my local library with Lisa Heidke and Helene Young on International Women’s Day and I think it was the best.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Too many to count!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
That’s a surprise – according to my stats my review of The Boy Under the Table by Nicole Trope was the 2012 post with the most views
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My review and audio interview with Malla Nunn
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
http://www.AllBooks4Less.com.au – brand new books for $5!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I have surpassed my Goodreads goal of 250 books and completed all my challenges but I am most proud of reading over 100 books by Australian Women Writers
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
I haven’t had a chance to read much this year that hasn’t been scheduled for review. I have a binch of books waiting patiently to be read but I really want to read Kiss the Dead by Laurell K Hamilton and A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison before the next installments are released.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Ohh tough one! I don’t know what I am most looking forward to – just more books!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
Continue to find the time to blog daily