With the years end approaching, it is time to prepare for the challenges of 2013.
The Eclectic Reader Challenge I hosted this year proved to be popular with 132 participants signing up, and to date, 348 reviews shared. Participants still have til December 31st to complete the challenge and enter their link to be in with a chance to earn a small prize.
For 2013 year I have decided to keep with the same format but encourage readers to step even further out of their comfort zones by reading 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
I hope you will consider joining me for the 2013 Eclectic Reader Challenge!
The aim of The Eclectic Reader 2013 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2013. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2013
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 21st 2013 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Translated fiction
- Historical mystery
- Romantic suspense
- Made into a movie
- New Adult
- Urban Fantasy
- Action Adventure
- Published in 2013
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post.
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
Please take the time to visit a few links and leave a comment!
All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2012 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2014.
Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions, I hope you will play along!