I can’t remember how I discovered TheReadingRoom.com but I enjoy browsing the features of their site, posting my reviews regularly and making new friends. Today I invited Anna, the Product Director of TheReadingRoom.com to Book’d Out to introduce the site aimed at booklovers of all types.
Thank you to Shelleyrae for the unique opportunity of allowing us to introduce ourselves to all of you who have never heard about TheReadingRoom.com. Yes, we know there is a lot to choose from out there as the world of internet allows us to connect to publisher’s site, author’s sites, book sites, fans sites and so much more. However, each site is unique in its own way and having variety means you can choose the site that suits your preferences best.
So let us tell you what TheReadingRoom.com is all about.
TheReadingRoom.com aims to provide an environment in which all readers can enjoy all varieties of books. We embrace the fact that not all readers are the same. Some of our members only read literary fiction, others love romance. Being an avid reader doesn’t necessarily mean you want to join a community where the only thing you have in common is your love of reading. Even when you do have a genre in common with other readers, you might like very different writers. So connecting with like-minded readers isn’t just about liking the same authors – it’s also about discovering new writers, seeing what’s new and getting your friends view, the community views and that of respected reviewers.
Here are some great things that you can do on our site:
- Create and manage your bookshelf
- Post your reviews and engage in discussion with other readers on our category pages or title pages
- Start or join a book club
- Send and receive personal book recommendations
- Access weekly bestseller lists from The New York Times
- View a large selection of weekly book reviews from the New York Times and The Guardian and you’ll also find hundreds of archived reviews.
- Watch hundreds of book trailers, author’s interviews and send messages to many authors via their Twitter feeds available directly on our site.
- View monthly highlights of new releases
- Register for monthly book giveaways and monthly Advance Reading Copies (ARCs)
- Check on a number of literary awards (their history and past winners) and get daily updates on many more.
- Preview sample chapters of many titles
We also publish a regular blog and we provide you with links to local booksellers for those of you who would like to purchase the books you find on our site.
We’re not the biggest kid on the block, (in fact we are a very small team) and we’re not perfect but we are constantly improving and appreciate any feedback. There have been a few big changes on the site in the last few months and we are working on a couple of new features that will make it easier for readers to discover the literary voice of the particular region.
And here is a fun fact about TheReadingRoom.com that not many people know, but the readers of this blog might quite enjoy. Our site was originated in Sydney, Australia although we now also have an office in New York City and in London (we love talking about Australian books)
We are also proud to say that The Reading Room.com supports Room To Read, the charity started by John Wood to foster literacy among young children in developing countries and in particular to encourage the education of young girls.
If you are the kind of reader who is eager to discover brand new books, but who also wants a lot more content than just the discussion with other readers we are definitely the site for you.
So join TheReadingRoom.com today. Help us improve the site. Respect your fellow readers, discover new authors and value your passion for books. Most of all enjoy the worlds that authors create for you!
I hope you drop by to browse TheReadingRoom.com, make sure you add me (Shelleyrae) to your friends list and say hi!